Saturday, July 11, 2009

Back Home Again in Indiana

As I spend my last day in Indiana, amid thunderstorms, humidity, and my fantastic family, I must say that this trip was exactly what I needed. Although I had been anxious about leaving Denver because of the one million things I felt I needed to get done, being here has actually made me feel really productive.

I've made a number of phone calls (without using my daytime minutes) regarding insurance, loans, and bank accounts - who knew actually leaving the country was so difficult?! My parents have been so great about helping me to prioritize and think about what else I need to do - they are truly amazing. I now feel much more ready to get back to Denver and get things taken care of. (Although the thought of packing up an entire house is still a tad overwhelming!)

Most importantly, I think spending a few days away from Denver has actually helped me to feel excited about this adventure again. I've been having so much fun with friends and enjoying Colorado so much these past few weeks that the majority of my emotions have centered around feeling really sad about leaving everything I love . . . After a few days away and discussing so many of my plans with my family, I've been reminded of why I decided to take this step in the first place. Although it's still bittersweet, the excitement is definitely outweighing the sadness. Let's hope that continues when I get back to Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment