Monday, April 9, 2012

Nostalgia



  • Nostalgia: a bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.

For a number of reasons, I've been feeling quite nostalgic lately. It all started with an email from someone that brought up many memories from about a decade ago - great memories! Emily and I also spent a lot of time reminiscing about the past ten years while in Croatia - our first few years in Denver, music connected to memories, our travel adventures, making the huge decision to move abroad. Last night Tessa and I watched the video Matias made after my birthday last year, which was such an unexpected and fantastic day. (If you haven't seen it, it can be found under April 2011 posts and is quite entertaining!)

I love how the definition of nostalgia includes the word bittersweet. When I think back over the past ten years of my life, there are definitely some things, people, and places that I miss and at times long for. But overall, I feel so happy when I think back to everyone I've known, the places I've been, and the experiences I've had -- it's truly been so sweet.

As the birthday that will take me "off the calendar" quickly approaches (yikes!), I imagine I'll continue to feel a bit nostalgic. Here's to the bittersweetness of it!:)




No comments:

Post a Comment