Sunday, March 20, 2011

So, so different . . . and so, so great!

Although I knew it would happen again, I'm still surprised by how love has snuck up on me this time around - and by just how fantastic it is! The ease of it, the fun, the constant learning about someone else and yourself at the same time - love really is grand.

This time is definitely different than any other before, too. I feel so different, "it" feels so different, and the situation is completely unlike any other I've had before! Living abroad and beginning a relationship with someone else living abroad is not quite like meeting a guy in Colorado!

As I've mentioned to Matias, it's so crazy to me to think about what completely different lives we led before moving to Spain. Different countries and cultures, different languages, different experiences. And I'm amazed how just a few months ago, we were living completely separate lives in Barcelona. Yet, one night in a small, smoky Spanish bar completely changed everything!

Life is so amazing to me - it really does work out, especially in ways and places that you least expect it. And so, I look forward to enjoying this new experience - the differences, the learning about culture and language that it's sure to bring, and the happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment