Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Year 2!

Well, it's hard to believe that I will be leaving tomorrow to start my second year in Spain! How quickly time has passed! I had a wonderful time in Denver and an equally great time in Indy with friends and family. It's been so relaxing to be taken care of by Mom and Dad. :)

However, although it's been so great to be back in the states, I am SO excited to get back to Spain! I think the combination of emails from my school and apartment agency, hearing Spanish while at the consulate, and buying all sorts of things for my classroom and apartment (both of which I am really struggling to visualize) have made me so anxious to get to Barcelona.

It's amazing just how different going to Spain is this year. Already having a job, an apartment, a cell phone, a bank account, and a small grasp on the city and language are making this such an easier transition - whew!

Although I will miss friends and family just as much as I did last year, I am ready to return to the country I whole-heartedly fell in love with just a year ago!

1 comment:

  1. It has been wonderful having you home for the past week. We will so miss you and are already looking forward to our next visit. Safe travels! All love, Mom

    ReplyDelete