Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Weekend in Belgium

Just a few weeks ago, Tessa and I went to Belgium to meet Anna there for a quick weekend trip. This was the first time my two "Spanish" best friends would meet and this weekend followed my 33rd birthday, so the timing couldn't have been better!

love these ladies!
As expected, Belgium didn't disappoint! We spent Friday evening in Brussels, then left bright and early for Bruges the next day. Having watched "In Bruges" the week before, we had a few ideas of what to expect. This little town quickly became one of my most favorites in Europe. The size, the quaint homes, the amazing bars and plazas on every corner with delicious beers - wow. I loved it!
Belgian canals

a delicious sampler
so many beers, so little time

If you haven't been to Belgium, I highly recommend it. With just a few days, you could see the majority of this small, lovely country. I hope to get a chance to return and see more.

As expected, these two hit it off! :)

Good night, Bruges . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment