Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hoping to become a tourist again . . .

It's hard to believe that once August arrives, I will have been living in Barcelona for two years - how quickly the time goes! When I first arrived, I made it a point to explore the city whenever I had the chance. However, in the past few months, I feel like that has changed. I don't know if it's been due to the number of visitors we've had, the weekends away, or just the need to relax, but when I've had nothing planned for the weekend, the first thing I've wanted to do is absolutely nothing at all! For those of you that have known me a long time, this is pretty surprising! Relaxing and doing nothing has never been one of my strengths, yet I've found it much easier to do here, especially after a late night out.

I was reading some FB posts by ASB new teachers this morning and it was fantastic to see all that they are discovering in this city. It made me think that although a weekend of relaxing is much needed at times, I want to be careful not to get too lazy. So, I've decided to think about being a "tourist" again in my city. Although I've seen all of the major sites in BCN, there are plenty of smaller ones I haven't. In the upcoming months, I hope to check out the following, either on my own, with friends, or with upcoming visitors. Let me know if you're interested in joining me! :)

*Fundacio de Joan Miro

*History of Catalonia Museum

*Pedrables

*Tibidabo

*Concert at Palau de la Musica

*More of Montjuic - gardens, museum, etc.

*Drink at El Quatre Gats

*Show at L'Auditori

*MACBA

No comments:

Post a Comment