Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting . . . younger?


I'm not exactly sure what's happening, but it seems that the closer I get to turning a year older, the younger I seem to be acting. I don't know if it's springtime in Barcelona, a carefree attitude, or unexpected events, but I feel I'm living the life of someone in their mid-20s, not someone entering her early 30s!

Again, I'm amazed by how life in Spain, especially Barcelona, encourages a whole new sleep cycle on the weekends! No matter how often Tessa and I say we are going to have a quiet night, or just a drink or two after work, it seems that the opposite happens. Suddenly it's 4am and we're still out, dancing, laughing, and loving life.

Unfortunately, I am quickly reminded of my age when it takes two days to recover from one late night. And I know that I can't stay up too late when I have to teach the next morning. (Maybe growing older has made me a little bit more responsible?)

Regardless, I'm happy to feel a bit younger as I get older. And these late nights continue to be full of entertaining stories. As spring fever sets in, I'm sure the fun weekends will continue as well - and I look forward to their arrival each week!

Bona nit, Dali!

No comments:

Post a Comment