Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Adventures of Emily and Jenny - still happening after all these years!




Emily just left this afternoon after her third annual fall visit to Spain. And, as usual, we had a great time! Each year I reminded of how nice it is to have a friend who I know from home, which means we can share memories of particular places and people in Colorado, who I've traveled all over the world with, and who is living a similar life to mine at the moment. It's so nice to be able to share experiences with her!

We had a great time all week, especially with Amy and other friends visiting from Switzerland - great food, tons of laughs, and lots of fun. However, it was this past Friday night with Emily that was my favorite. After dinner with Amy, we went to a favorite neighborhood bar where we had drinks with new English friends, then went to one of my favorite clubs. Lots of flirting, dancing, and fun later, we were walking home around 6:30 in the morning when we stopped for food at a cafe and happened upon a French bachelor party! Fabulous French accents, breakfast beers, and entertaining conversation ended with us coming home at 7:30 -- crazy!

It was such a fun night and so unexpected (always the best nights in my opinion). I'm glad to know that even though we're at ages that are now "off the calendar," we still have it in us to have adventure-filled nights. I look forward to more of them in our future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment